Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Treading water

I’ve been doing much more reading than writing in the past week, preparing for the end of the semester and the flurry of personal productivity I’m hoping I can muster. In the midst of all of the recent health issues that have plagued the Richmond community, I was sad to hear that Sir Lloyd Webber was recently diagnosed with cancer.

As I consider whether a trip to NYC is in my immediate future, I was delighted to hear that tickets for “A Little Night Music” starring Angela Lansbury and Catherine Zeta-Jones were now on sale. The luscious CZJ was a crush of mine even before the movie version of “Chicago” came out.

Speaking of luscious, is it common knowledge that Alia Bisharat will be starring in “Bus Stop” at Hanover Tavern? Nobody tells me anything… And can it be true that this beautiful and personable local theater vet is only 21 years old?

I’ve been reading the reviews of “Oleanna” on Broadway which has put in mind to remember the amazing production that we saw here in Richmond in 1995 starring Rick Brandt and (RTCC presenter) Jeanne Boisineau. From what I’m reading, it seems like the Brandt / Boisineau duo could have outdone Stiles / Pullman…

1 comment:

Thespis' Little Helper said...

Along with the beautiful Alia Bisharat, the Bus Stop cast includes Emily Bradner, Bill Brock, Jonathan Conyers, Christopher Dunn, Michael Hawke, Jacquie O'Connor and Eric Williams. With direction by Amy Berlin.

Oh yeah. I'll definitely be there. That's a lot of pretty.