Thursday, October 11, 2007

Good new / Bad News

As I mentioned last week, my son went to his first audition. And we found out a couple of days ago that, amazingly enough, the young buck got cast. He’ll be the little brother in the upcoming production of “A Christmas Story” at Theatre IV. It’s pretty exciting news but it also kicks off a swirl of emotions – the worries about potential logistical problems (DMV says there is no chance a 7 year-old would be given a provisionary license), the concerns that he’ll do OK (those critics can be tough!), and the fears about his swelled head growing to dangerous proportions. But mostly I’m pretty damn proud of him and looking forward to this exciting new chapter in the T-line relationship to the stage.

Proving that the principles of yin-yang maintain control in the universe, shortly after hearing about the boy and his new role, I also heard about the potential of a stagehand’s strike on Broadway. If this mucks with my upcoming trip to the Great White Way, I’m not going to be a happy camper. Maybe I could cross the picket line and be a scab worker; I’ve been a stagehand before! (I’ve also never been beaten up by a mob of striking stagehands before so I guess I need to think about potential consequences before I take any action.) Needless to say, I’ll be watching developments along this front pretty closely…

3 comments:

Princess Crabass said...

He will be SO CUTE!!!! I can't wait to see it.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to him. I am so excited to see him as on stage!! Yey!

Anonymous said...

So wonderful! I saw Holly last night in the Halloween store in Carytown. It was so nice to see her again. Please tell her that I said the running is paying off because she looks the same as she did when we were in our 20's! HOT MAMA!