Wednesday, May 28, 2008

While we’re laying on the hype

As per my latest piece in Style, the Richmond Improv Festival starts tomorrow night. Don’t miss your chance to laugh yourself silly.

And amidst the hype for the RIF and for CAT’s “Veronica’s Room,” let me just squeeze in a plug for the upcoming performance of the Capitol Schlepps, the satirical musical group with a religious bent, that will be appearing at Congregation Or Ami on Saturday (more details here). Not only are the Schlepps led by long-time Richmond actress/teacher Deb Clinton but they’ve picked up a new member this year: my lovely wife. Yes, I am surrounded by performers on all sides. It can get scary.

Ms. H at the T-D came out in favor of “A Dash of Rosemary” which I enjoyed on Sunday. More thoughts on that later on but in the meantime I have to say that I was happy to see a pretty decent house at the Mill for a Sunday evening, somewhere close to 2/3 full. And Cathy Motley-Fitch – sublime!

No comments: