Friday, July 21, 2006

A Solemn Vow

The list of links just keeps growing: I've added Larry Gard from the Science Museum Theatre and also the Found Theatre Ensemble, who have a production running now in deep, deep southside with an extremely intriguing title: "How to Succeed in Central Virginia Without Really Trying."

And in honor of Larry's addition, I hearby make a solemn vow to see "Hansel and Gretel" before this summer runs its scorching course. I saw a production at the Science Museum years ago -- perhaps something like "Here's Pi in Your Eye"? -- and have wanted to go back ever since. "Galileo and Shakespeare" was actually on my review schedule for last Fall but something came up at the last minute. There's so many reasons to see "H&G," after all: it's co-written by Shanea Taylor who has been very impressive in the RSF shows; the Theatre IV production of "H&G" a couple of years ago co-starred my lovely daughter and I'd like to see how the SMV Gretel stacks up against my flesh and blood; and it's tied into the Science Museum's exhibit on candy -- a genius bit of synergy if you ask me. What could be better than that? It's also inside -- a plus during these past couple of days that have almost hit triple-digits.

No comments: