Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Giving Ms. Sanford her due

A few posts ago I lamented the eminent departure of Foster Solomon and Susan Sanford and compiled a short list of links to my reviews of some of Mr. Solomon’s work. Below are some links to just a few of Ms. Sanford’s greatest hits.

Susan has shown an amazing range even in the relatively narrow category of Shakespearean plays, from a fairy in “The Tempest” to a merry wife in “The Merry Wives of Windsor (Farms)” She’s also worked for almost every theater in town, including the Firehouse (“Batboy” for instance) and Swift Creek Mill (“Songs for a New World.”)

But some of her most memorable stuff has been for Theater IV both as a director and an actress. And when I think back on roles where she made the biggest impression on me, I’d have to say that it’s “You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown.” Forever more, she will be the quintessential Lucy in my book.

Best wishes for a good transition westward, Susan and Foster.

No comments: