Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Enjoy them while you can

Thanks to TVJerry, I just found out that Foster Solomon and Susan Sanford will be moving away from Richmond soon (I'm assuming they're taking their little one with them as well). This talented couple has done some amazing work in Richmond -- including what I guess will be their area swan song as Petruchio and Katherina in RSF’s “The Taming of the Shrew” -- and they will be missed. Perhaps a plaque should be installed at the spot on the stage at Agecroft Hall where Foster proposed?

I first spoke to Foster when he was preparing to do Hamlet; I remember him being a great interview. His subsequent turn as the Danish prince was exceptional.

Some additional highlights of his time here included his leading role in "The Tempest" and highly charged performances in "Topdog/Underdog" and "Lobby Hero." That's just scratching the surface of the impact he's had in town however. Ms. Sanford has also done some excellent work; when I have some time, I'll have to dig up some highlights from her career here.

Best of luck, Solomon/Sanfords! I hope the West Coast treats you all well.

No comments: