Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Guys (no Dolls)

I think the very first time I met Scott Wichmann, he talked about sports. He blogs about sports. He plays sports. He probably dreams about sports. He clearly has an abiding interest in sports.

Scott has found someone who shares his interests in castmate Mark Persinger (aka "Big Julie" in "Guys and Dolls") and the two of them make a great pair as guest talkers on Sports Radio 910. Besides both being great actors, they both have great radio voices, Scottie having more of that play-by-play polish and Mark having a hint of an accent that makes for a great color commentator. Check out a sample of them here and then vote the two of them as best walk-on guests. If they win, they'll do a full week stint next month. When I voted, they were 1% behind Chuck and Jimmy. You all can put them over the top!

(Update: as of 8:30am this morning, Scott and Mark had a .3% lead! That's pretty slim!)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I voted. This would be great For Scott and Mark. I love sports as much as I love them. Rock the vote!!

Jeff Clevenger

Scott Wichmann said...

You the man, Jeff!! And so are you, Dave. Thanks for all the support. And for the record, I used to dream about sports all the time. But, as a diehard lifelong Boston fan, I don't need to dream about sports anymore; My wildest dreams have been made manifest!!

The Celtics, Pats, and Sox' success is making my jaw drop. Now if those pesky Bruins could just win us a doggone Stanley Cup...

Joy W. said...

they have a more substantial lead now! go guys!!

Frank Creasy said...

I wonder, Scotto...with a husband who already spends a ton of hours on sports...did Jennie vote, and if so, did she actually vote for YOU to encourage more of this activity???

Kiddin'bro! Kiddin'! Don't wanna make the Duke of Gloucester mad! ("O, full of DANGER is the Duke of Gloucester!") HAH!

Scott Wichmann said...

Trust me, Jennie would love to have me pontificate about sports outside the house. If I'm on the radio, she can turn to another station or lower the volume or snap off the radio altogether (which she would no doubt do) and it would probably be a blessing for here if I got a job blathering about games and such.

So yes, she probably voted multiple times from every computer in town in order to get me out of the living room-- having my own show would make her more sane, I'm sure...

By the way, thanks to all who have voted so far-- I'm not sure when the voting ends, so let's keep the pressure on the rest of these fellas!!

Rick St. Peter said...

Scott Wichmann, man of honor, support the city of cheaters...say it ain't so, Joe...

Peace
R

Anonymous said...

Dave,

Thanks for the kind words and the support. And thanks to all who have voted so far...

I'm not sure it means we had the best show, but it sure means we have the best friends...keep voting!