Wednesday, November 14, 2007

It Begins

Sorry I’ve been a little scarce here lately blog pals but my few moments of free time these days have been spent geeking out on a little project I’m doing for school that, if you are really excited about East Asian history like me, I’d be happy to link you to.

But more to the point, I hope you check out Mary’s review of “A Lesson Before Dying.” And you might also be interested in the piece by Mary’s boss and mine, Brandon Reynolds, who is a member of one of a "48 Film Project" team that has been going gangbusters. Scottie Wichmann gets a quick and somewhat obscure mention in the article. If you’re out there, Mr. W., would you care to elaborate?

Tonight marks the official beginning of the holiday theater season with the opening of “The Eight: Reindeer Monologues” by Richmond Triangle Players. One way or another, I’m getting out to see this show because I loved their last darker holiday offering, “The Santaland Diaries,” and any show that features Santa Claus and suspected sexual abuse is worthy of attention in my book.

My son has been toiling away in rehearsals for “A Christmas Story” and it’s been very interesting to be just a tad – a very little tad -- on the inside of the biz again. I’ll try to post some of my thoughts from in there soon.

No comments: