Thursday, September 20, 2007

Lateness

I promised Morrie I'd post this over the weekend but then it got lost in the madness. Sorry Morrie. Hope it's not too late:

The Firehouse Theatre Project has an immediate need for an non-Equity actor for the upcoming production of Spinning Into Butter by Rebecca Gilman. The part is Burton Strauss, the Dean of Humanities of a small liberal arts college in New England. The character is 45-65, "old school" and professorial in manner. This is a paying role. The show opens 10/25 and runs Thurs., Fri., Sat., through 11/17 with matinees on 11/4 and 11/11. Rehearsals begin immediately. Interested actors should call Morrie Piersol at 804-359-2003.

Also, Mary's review of "Urinetown" is in this week's Style in case you wondered whether that was ever go to show up. I particularly like the review's subheading; I expect that's the Arts editor Brandon Reynolds' work. He's a clever guy; he's the only editor who has ever changed stuff I've written that I ended up liking better afterwards. The review is laudatory of course!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave. I am a local actor and have been in a few shows that you have reviewed. I actually think that the myspace pages are quite an effective means of achieving a "professional" website without paying a thing. Hopefully you will be able to check mine out (myspace.com/mattpolson) which includes some various tracks and videos that I often direct casting directors to instead of sending them actual hard copies. It could definitely use the touch of a web designer, but its a start!