Friday, January 14, 2011

First, the links

I’ve done some monkeying around with the links on the left nav bar recently. You’ll see Matt Polson listed among the “Otherwise Occupied” folks now, as the young videographer / director branches out into new projects. Also, as the number of active bloggers continues to plummet, I’ve moved a bunch of blogs to the “On Hiatus” area. These are blogs that haven’t had fresh material in the past 3 months.

I went to see “This Beautiful City” last night and will post some comments as soon as I can, hopefully by the end of the day. While looking for a review of the production at the T-D site, I stumbled across all sorts of other theater news out there. Locally, the talented Mr. Cosby will be delivering Martin Luther King’s “I Have a Dream” speech at City Hall today. This should be an energizing and celebratory event and I recommend checking it out.

The ongoing Spiderman saga continues with news both good (I guess) in terms of Glenn Beck’s endorsement (that he couldn’t deliver without an insult to boot – go Glenn!) and bad in terms of the production’s opening night getting kicked a month back…again.

On the left coast, the original “God of Carnage” cast will be getting together for a short run. Through a lucky circumstance, I’m going to be in LA for work during that time so you can bet I’ll be trying my hardest to wrangle me a ticket. I’m very intrigued to see what a LA theater experience will be like.

Finally, the Acts of Faith kickoff is tonight at the Empire. It should be quite a cavalcade of local stars. Are you going to be there?

No comments: