Thursday, December 03, 2009

Unpredictable. Fun?

Mary Burruss's review of Barksdale's "Spelling Bee" made me more intent than ever to sneak out sometime next week to see the show. I love "unpredictable fun," especially in a theater production. What I'm not enjoying is the unpredictability of theater reviews. I'm never sure when a review is going to come out anymore. With the T-D, I know something will show up within a few days of opening night (usually..). With other media outlets it can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. Or one never shows up at all. Kinda frustrating.

Anyway, this weekend is all about Theatre IV's "Christmas Carol" for me, though I hope to see AART's "Black Nativity" as well. Have you finished YOUR holiday shopping yet?

5 comments:

Andrew Hamm said...

Glad to hear that you find it frustrating. For those of us waiting for the all-important publicity, it ranges from aggravating to crippling.

Andrew Hamm said...

That came across as more bitchy than I had intended. I intended it to read as a "Hell yeah. It sucks for both of us."

Frank Creasy said...

Well Andrew, at least you signed your name to your "bitchy" comment, didn't go anonymous!

Jacquie O. said...

I hope you can catch Bus Stop too Dave! A fun, funny and sweet slice of Americana!

Andrew Hamm said...

A bunch of my students went to see "Bus Stop" last week and loved it.