Wednesday, August 05, 2009

I may reach for thuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh gun

I did my semi-regular check of the theater-related stories at Entertainment Weekly and came across this item, which about made my stomach turn. I caught Springer on Dancing With the Stars a couple of times and he came across much more self-deprecating and normal than he has when I've seen snippets of his repugnant TV show. But still: can he really hold that note in "We Both Reached for the Gun?" I'd have to see it (hear it) to believe it. I don't have a categorical aversion to stunt casting like I know some people do (it's show biz folks!), but you gotta have at least the minimal level of talent to make the part work or it just doesn't make sense.

I also saw this nice little piece on "Burn the Floor" which made me curious enough to go read this somewhat more snarky Times review of the show. I've got at least one dance-crazed daughter that I expect would love this show to death so I hope it sticks around for a while.

No comments: