Friday, April 17, 2009

Guess I should complain more often...

OK, I know I really had no sway as far as this goes. But I was happy to see Ms. Lewis's review of "Normal" in the T-D this morning. I guess I can imagine that, even though I had no direct impact on the situation, maybe in some karmic way my complaining about it was like the flap of the butterfly's wing that finally got the review published. A boy can dream.

Speaking of dreams (all hail the segue master!), I'm looking forward to Richmond Shakepeare's "Midsummer's Night Dream" this weekend. Barksdale's "Well" is on Ms. Burruss's docket but I'll be trying to get over to it later in the run. And in terms of karma, I have to feel that something's working in my favor having gone ga-ga for Kerry McGee in "Rosencrantz & Guildenstern etc. etc." and then finding out that she's in the "Dream" cast. Maybe when I think about wanting to see more of an actress, it also has some psychic influence in the universe. In which case, I'll have to look over the seasons that theater companies are going to be announcing any day now for a good role for Kate Winslett...or Scarlett Johansson...or...

1 comment:

Frank Creasy said...

Far be it from me to discount your cosmic clout Dave, though I'd offer the thought that your impressions of Kerry (and similar talented folks) represent exactly why someone like her starts popping up in various prominent roles around town: Talent and presence combine to create opportunities, because directors see the same things audience members recognize. Kerry has terrific range and is a delight to work with as well. I speak from my experiences working with her in "The Spanish Tragedy" and "The Seagull" at Henley Street, so I was sure it was just a matter of time before other directors found opportunities for her at other companies. Glad Richmond Shakes is making use of her abilities!