Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Indignities

First indignity (mine): After promising the folks at Sycamore Rouge that I would put their events on the blog, I totally let them down with their current show, The Complete Works of Wllm Shkspre, abridged, which has been running for a couple of weeks now. It’s showing tonight and next Sunday through Wednesday (10/8-11). I’m really sorry – I promise to do better in the future.

Second indignity (not mine): the Times-Dispatch review of David Sedaris’s appearance at the Landmark was tucked down below the obituaries in today’s paper. Jacquie O told me that the review of Swift Creek Mill’s “I Love You, etc.” was also placed in this ignominious location. Could the coverage of live performances BE any more invisible?

And in the better late than never department, here’s a link to my piece on Debra’s “The World on a String” and the Starlight Cabaret Series. If you haven’t gone yet, there’s a show this coming Saturday at 11pm – I expect that’s when Debra brings out Arlen’s more risqué material – plus two shows next week. Wouldn’t a trip to the Cabaret be a great end to a long Columbus Day weekend?

No comments: