Monday, July 11, 2011

A Monday on the Links

The reviews for “Two Gentlemen of Verona” have started to appear, Ms. Haubenstock weighing in this weekend and Mr. Miller’s analysis hitting the GayRVA site today.

For those who do not have enough theater to take in this summer already, you might be interested in the first offering from Richmond’s latest company, Stage B. They’ll be opening “Reasons to be Pretty” at the Richmond Triangle Players theater this weekend.

I spent some time last week updating the RTCC website. Besides the basic details on this October’s gala event, I’ve uploaded pictures from the 2008 and 2009 ceremonies. I’ve got to organize my 2010 pictures and will have them up soon. Before long, news on presenters and nominees will start to appear on the site. Stay tuned.

This past Saturday, I saw “Next to Normal” at the Kennedy Center. I’ve already posted some of my opinions about this production on Facebook but I’ll summarize by asking, ‘what’s up with Alice Ripley’s voice?’ More on this tomorrow…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read your Facebook post and have to agree about NTN. While I mostly loved the show, Alice's voice caused me to miss an important word near the beginning so that it took me until almost intermission to figure out what was going on with her son....
Loved the set and lighting, though! And the rest of the cast - especially Gabe - was superb.
Just my two cents!
Sue